It is hard to believe that the month of Ramadan has reached the final lap. The last 10 days of Ramadan are upon us, as Muslims from all over the world step up their efforts to make the most of every remaining moment.
Although the immense blessings of Ramadan are well known, the last ten nights of Ramadan are even more important and even more blessed than the rest of Ramadan. In these ten nights is a night that Quran tells us is better than 1000 months (yes, months – not days). That’s the night of the “Laila-tul-Qadr” or as in know in English as “the Night of Power.”
Laila-tul-Qadr in the Quran
Allah describes about this night in Surah Al-Qadr in the Quran:
Laila tul qadr night of power
1. Verily! We have sent it (this Qur’an) down in the night of Al-Qadr (Decree)
2. And what will make you know what the night of Al-Qadr (Decree) is?
3. The night of Al-Qadr (Decree) is better than a thousand months (i.e. worshipping Allah in that night is better than worshipping Him a thousand months, i.e. 83 years and 4 months).
4. Therein descend the angels and the Ruh [Jibrael (Gabriel)] by Allah’s Permission with all Decrees,
5. Peace! (All that night, there is Peace and Goodness from Allah to His believing slaves) until the appearance of dawn.
Prophet Muhammad’s Hadith on Laila-tul-Qadr
The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:
There has come to you Ramadan, a blessed month which Allah has enjoined you to fast, during which the gates of heaven are opened and the gates of Hell are closed, and the rebellious devils are chained up. In it there is a night which is better than a thousand months, and whoever is deprived of its goodness is indeed deprived.”
Below is the recommended prayer to be said during these last 10 days.
May Allah make it easy for us and may He grant us the blessings and rewards therein. May our deeds be accepted as acts of Ibadah (worship)
AsSalam Alaykum Waramotulahi Wabarakatu